Prevent turf wars by selecting one digital leader
- 19% of the organizations had a designated digital leader in 2016, up from only 6% a year earlier.
- About 60% of the digital leaders identified in the study were appointed to their position since 2015 – that is, the process has accelerated in recent years.
- In 47% of the organizations that participated in the survey, the CIO was placed in charge of the digital transformation;
- In 26% of the organizations, the responsibility was assigned to the CDO, and
- In 22% of the organizations, the CEO decided to personally lead the process.