“Agilifying Your Digital Business”: New Article by Prof. Yesha Sivan and Raz Heiferman from i8 Ventures at Cutter Consortium
We are happy to update that our new article “Agilifying You Digital Business – 6 Steps to Get Started” was published by Cutter Consortium on the issue of Cutter Business Technology, Vol 31, Number 7, 2018 named “Architecture + Agile = The Yin & Yang of Organization Agility”. This issue contains some articles dedicated to the many faces of agility.
The issue of transforming the organization into an agile organization has become in the last couple of years a strategic issue. The business landscape has become very dynamic and competitive and organizations are having a hard time to establish their long term strategic plans. The new competitive environment forces organizations to move from the concept of sustainable competitive advantage to transient competitive advantage, a term coined by Prof. Rita McGrath from Columbia Business School in her famous book “The End of Competitive Advantage”.
Our article presents 6 steps that we recommend organizations for their transformation into agile organizations:
- Recommendation #1: Appreciate the Mental Challenge of Agility as “Building Flexible Buildings”
- Recommendation #2: Develop & Share “Visions” of What to Expect from Agility
- Recommendation #3: Build “Abilities”, that allow for “Visions”
- Recommendation #4: Initiate “Actions” that Build “Abilities”, that Allow for “Visions”
- Recommendation #5: Master the Interplay among Leadership, Culture, Business Architecture, and Digital Architecture
- Recommendation #6: Shift to Deadline-Driven Smaller Projects
We kindly invite you to download the full article from Cutter Consortium’s web site (requires registration).