2019 Survey – Big Data & AI are Center Stage for Competitive Advantage: NewVantage Partners Big Data and AI Executive Survey 2019
- 92% of the respondents are increasing the pace of investments in Big Data and AI.
- 62% have already seen measurable results from their investments in Big Data and AI (slightly less than in 2018, but still remarkable).
- 48% of organizations say they compete on data and analytics. When Prof. Davenport first introduced the concept of competing on analytics in his famous 2007 book, perhaps 5% of large organizations would have said this.
- 31% have a data-driven organization, and 28% have a data culture.
- 75% fear disruption from new entrants.
- 88% feel a greater urgency to invest in Big Data and AI.
- 92% are driven by positive objectives – transformation, agility, or competition – and only 5% are driven by cost reduction.
- All respondents agree that data privacy and cybersecurity are important priorities and 56% see “data ethics” as an important topic, probably a concept anyone would have mentioned a decade ago.
- 77% say that “business adoption” continues to represent a challenge for their organizations.